Thursday 23 February 2012

Magazine Adverts

Last lesson we were set our coursework ancillary task two which is to design a  magazine advertisement for our music video promo. I've been doing some research into other magazine adverts from my genre (electropop) and came across the ones below which i thought are good examples to upload on to my blog which will help inspire some ideas and allow me to analyse into the different magazine adverts in my genre.

Whilst doing some research into magazine adverts in the electropop genre I came across one of Jessie J's and thought this was a perfect example to upload onto my blog as not only is it from the genre I have been creating a music video to but it also fits in well with the theme i went for when creating my digipak with its quirky bold style.

Framing: You could say that the image of the artist is boxed however, i do think that it covers most of the poster and because the image is at the top of the poster and consists of bold colours it draws the audience's attention to the artist before the text. Jessie J looks quite dominant, bold and loud in the photo reflecting the album title in a way and giving the audience an idea of what the songs may be like.

Font: Gold coloured fancy font used for the artists name which is also in bold and is the largest sized font on the whole advertisement. This is to show the importance of the artist and also to represent dominance and power with the gold which is seen as luxurious.




No comments:

Post a Comment